Couples pictures are such a blast for me because every couple is different. I love hearing everyone's stories about how they've met, and their adventures together, and embarrassing date stories. My goal for every couple's session is to focus on your connection, because each connection is unique. So whether we're celebrating an engagement, anniversary, new home, or simply just making a date night out of it- let's plan your perfect couple's session, ya little lovebirds!
Location, Location, Location
Picking out a location first is so important. It will tell us what time we should start our session, and help us figure out what outfits we'll want to wear.
When you envision your session, what do you see? What do you enjoy doing as a couple? Is there a place that's special to you? What's the vibe you're going for? Romantic, candid, cozy? There's a lot to factor in!
The four biggest location settings would be beach, city, nature, in-home/studio. From there, we can narrow down specifically what we're looking for! If you have an idea, let me know! Otherwise, I'm happy to make suggestions!
Did you know:
There is such a thing as a destination session? Planning a trip somewhere for your photos can be absolutely epic. We can plan a quick getaway, get some amazing shots and have an absolute blast. Check into some reasonable flight rates / road trip and plan away! Let's go somewhere!
Check the link below to see some of my travel portraits!
The best times of day to begin a photo session is when the sun is not so harsh, so either very early morning or later in the evening. If you want that "golden hour" look, plan on an evening session about two hours or so before sunset.
If your schedule doesn't allow for either of these times to happen, that's okay! We can shoot during the day, but we'll just need a location that has a good amount of shade.
Let's Talk Wardrobe
You should dress however makes you feel cool and confident. After all, these photos are about capturing you as your authentic self. But I have some advice for outfit planning!
- I personally love neutrals or earth tones with a little splash of color. Don't be afraid to be "too extra". If there's an outfit in your closet that you've been dying to wear, but never had the occasion for, let's showcase it! Plan on color coordinating without completely matching.
- Make sure everyone is dressed weather appropriate. I'd hate for anyone to be too cold or hot!
- Try to avoid busy patterns, logos or clothing with sayings on them. It can be distracting and can quickly age your images.
- Try things on before the session to make sure everything looks good.
- If your package comes with two outfits, you can bring something more dressed up, and something a little more dressed down. Whatever you want!
Have fun with it and feel free to accessorize! You should feel like a total fashion icon.